Carrie was a clumsy, accident-prone but basically good-hearted girl who had an unfortunate tendency to get herself into embarrassing situations, in which she would customarily end up accidentally stripped naked. Her cousin Connie had a similar affliction.
- Carrie was the star of a two-page strip which ran in the back of the men's magazine Mayfair from 1972-1986. Originally drawn by Don Lawrence, her mildly titillating misadventures were later taken over by Mario Capaldi from January 1976 to May 1977, and by Steve Kingston from June 1977 onwards.
- While Don Lawrence's Carrie was basically an innocent, she had a gradual shift in attitude under her later artists, ending up as something of a nymphomaniac, albeit still a likeable one.
- Carrie's adventures have been collected together in several countries under different names. She was 'Sophie' in France, 'Cathy' in Holland and 'Virginia' in Germany. At least one Don Lawrence Carrie strip was drawn which was never published in Mayfair.
Carrie drove a Chevy Corvette 454, when drawn by Kingston.
- Appearances of Carrie
- Character Gallery: Carrie
- Images that feature Carrie
- Fan-Art Gallery: Carrie
- Carrie quotations
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: ·