HistoryCharlie Peace was a cunning but frequently unlucky thief who operated in Victorian England until he was acccidentally transported through time to London in the 1960s. There, he continued his criminal career. He eventually returned to his own time period.
According to one account, Peace returned to the 20th century and, when various other individuals like himself who had led unusual lives began being rounded up by the government, went into hiding under the alias of antique dealer Charles Love. He later participated in a mission to free his fellow 'characters' (including the Steel Claw and Tim Kelly) from a remote Scottish prison.
- Charlie Peace was based on a genuine Victorian criminal, though the historical Charlie was a much more unsavoury character — a brutal killer.
- Charlie Peace's series originally lasted (first in Valiant but for most of its run in Buster) from 20th July 1964 to June 15th 1974.
- Like many other IPC characters, he was revived by Alan Moore, Leah Moore, John Reppion and Shane Oakley in the US-published limited series Albion in 2005 to 2006.
- Appearances of Charlie Peace
- Character Gallery: Charlie Peace
- Images that feature Charlie Peace
- Fan-Art Gallery: Charlie Peace
- Charlie Peace quotations
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·