Clara Oswald was just an ordinary girl until the Time Lord known as The Doctor set out to learn why she was so extraordinary. Sucked into his weird world, she ended up risking her life to save his, jumping into his personal timestream and being splintered into countless different versions of herself scattered through his history until the now restored Doctor pulled her out. The Doctor literally became a new man soon afterwards, but Clara remained his friend and companion.
Powers and abilities
Powers(Formerly) Being the 'Impossible Girl', an entity existing in multiple incarnations scattered throughout time and space: basically the Bad Wolf, but without the ability to raise the dead. Which, given later events, would have come in handy, although it might have left Danny Pink with an annoying tendency to stand on rooftops and stare broodingly at the urban skyline while his coat flapped in the wind.
AbilitiesTeaching English; delivering a mean slap (but not to her secondary school students, as that would result in instant dismissal); never giving up; anger; kindness.
Strength levelHuman female who gets regular exercise (running from/towards aliens).
TransportationThe TARDIS; motorbike.
Ski pole she once used to fence an evil robot... and win. Also the Doctor's spare sonic screwdriver, which she used to fend off the extra-dimensional beings known as the Fractures.
- Created for the TV series Doctor Who (in which she is played by Jenna Coleman) Clara's comics incarnation has appeared in several publications including Doctor Who Magazine, Doctor Who: The Twelfth Doctor, the Doctor Who Comic, Doctor Who Adventures and the Doctor Who Annual.
- In 2015 the Doctor Who Magazine strip Blood and Ice, by Jacqueline Rayner and Martin Geraghty, focused heavily on Clara.
Clara was apparently the model for Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa.
- Appearances of Clara Oswald
- Character Gallery: Clara Oswald
- Images that feature Clara Oswald
- Fan-Art Gallery: Clara Oswald
- Clara Oswald quotations
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: ·