Cursitor Doom was a mystery man who lived in a remote Scottish castle and dedicated himself to fighting supernatural evils aided by his assistant Angus McCraggan.
Powers and abilities
Unspecified psychic powers including telepathy.
- Doom resurfaced in The Buster Book of Spooky Stories in 1974 as Septimus Drood (sporting a beard and moustache) in a supporting role to McCraggan (who had himself grown a 'tache, dyed his hair black and apparently renamed himself 'Curtis Bronson, Ghost Hunter'). His adventures were reprinted again in the Quality Comics reprint books Sláine and Spellbinders in the mid 1980s, though this time he was renamed Amadeus Wolf and Angus became Jimmy Brannigan.
- Doom made an unauthorized return (drawn by Jim Baikie) in the 2000 AD Action Special, and later in the 2005 limited series Albion by Leah Moore and John Reppion. In the latter story, it was revealed that he was the adopted father and mentor of Danny Doom.
- Scott Goodall wrote the majority of the stories (though Ken Mennell and Chris Lowder also contributed a few), while artists included Eric Bradbury and Geoff Campion.
- Appearances of Cursitor Doom
- Character Gallery: Cursitor Doom
- Images that feature Cursitor Doom
- Fan-Art Gallery: Cursitor Doom
- Cursitor Doom quotations
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: ·