After crashing his kartie, Steve Ford bought a special tonic from Professor Nutz for twelve and a half pence which gave him super powers. He used these powers to fight injustice as the Buytonic Boy, and later as Super Steve, eventually being hired by the Everso Secret Service to help them battle the evil forces of the NME. (No, not the music magazine; this was another NME.)
Powers and abilities
PowersSuper speed; superior reflexes.
AbilitiesAble to speak mouse language(!).
- Steve Ford (whose strip changed its name several times, from The 12 1/2p Buytonic Boy to The Buytonic Boy; BB: The Buytonic Boy; The Buytonic Boy starring Steve Ford; Super Steve and finally Super Steve vs. NME Nasties) was an obvious spoof of Steve Austin, TV's Six Million Dollar Man.
- Following the cancellation of his original comic, Krazy, Steve transferred to the pages of Whizzer and Chips where he remained until 1986.
- The strip was mostly drawn by Robert Nixon, though Brian Walker filled in on occasion.
- The strip's first change of title came when the half penny ceased to be legal tender.
- After his transfer to Whizzer and Chips, Steve became one of the "Whizz Kids".
- Towards the end of the strip's life, readers were encouraged to write in to the NME suggesting ways in which they could defeat Steve (which never worked).
- Appearances of Steve Ford
- Character Gallery: Steve Ford
- Images that feature Steve Ford
- Fan-Art Gallery: Steve Ford
- Steve Ford quotations
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: ·